Eyes in the Night, Delivered To Your Doorstep

Beowulf. An epic game by Joshua A.C. Newman

Beowulf is off to press on the morrow! I’m doing a very limited run, Ashcan-style, so if you want to read the poem, consider the exegesis, play the game, and give me feedback, this is your chance!

I’m selling it for $14+$5 S&H, or just regular $14 at Gen Con. Since the run is limited, I’ll be selling the remainder at Gen Con that I haven’t sold via my own site, so if you want to make sure you have a copy, preorder and I’ll shoot it off to you as soon as they get to my doorstep. If you want to wait until Gen Con, you can, but I’ve had a few people interested in preorders already, so you take your chances with the Wyrd.

Even better than picking up a copy at the Playcollective or Ashcan Front booths, order one from me, play with your friends, play with me at Gen Con, and give me feedback that will both be fun to generate and help produce a great final book.

It’s 244 pages long, 5″ x 8″, and I’ve made uglier things in my life.

Order Beowulf (sold out. Please give feedback!)

25 thoughts on “Eyes in the Night, Delivered To Your Doorstep”

  1. So, I’m going to buy it but I would like a bit more detail.

    And the clicky thing didn’t work. I got some nonsense about a certificate. Perhaps it will work at home.

  2. I don’t know what’s going on with the Paypal link! I’m working on it. Fixing it seemed to only bring me to the Paypal homepage, so, buuuuhhhhh….

    Guy, I’ll do a whole post when I’ve got a minute.

  3. Just ordered it. First game I’ve bought in quite a while. Well, since In a Wicked Age at least.

    Joshua, if the $5 do not cover international shipping, let me know.

  4. Clicking the PayPal link still just takes me to the PayPal homepage without filling in any of the details in terms of what the order should be called or what email address it should be payed to. Can you post these details or something?

  5. Hi Joshua,

    Looks very interesting. And to echo Anders up there: if the $5 doesn’t cover international shipping, let me know !

  6. Seriously, $5 shipping. Thanks for the offer, guys, but I’m cool. I ship a lot of stuff to you guys up there, and $5 shipping works out just fine.

  7. When I go to the Glyphpress main page, and from there click on the Blog link, it doesn’t open in the same window, but opens it in a new window.

    Annoying!

  8. Hi

    I didn’t find out about this till well after gencon (and not living in the US can’t make it there anyway).

    Is there going to be another print run at any point, cos it sounds really cool and I want a copy!

    Or a pdf, or something?

    Thanks,
    Alan.

    1. Hey, Alan, there are a couple of things, and they’re not getting resolved immediately.

      1: Action resolution has a problem of being under-colored. It leads to sadly flat results where they should be visceral. I’m 90% certain that this is a matter of design and not one of writing. The remaining 10% of uncertainty still requires some redesign, though, more subtly.

      2: I’m not happy with the translation I chose. Michael Drout, the guy who wrote the essays in the book, has suggested some other translations, but I have to read a bunch of versions to decide. That’s a lot of Beowulf-reading.

      These would be easier to address if I’d gotten meaningful feedback from readers, but, sadly, I really haven’t. I’ve gotten some editing feedback, which is great and all, but in the absence of substantive, experiential feedback, I have to assume a general non-interest among the players who snapped it up initially. And they’re the people who should be most enthusiastic about it.

Leave a Reply